How To Recovering Unallocated Space Of a USB Flash Drive??

How to remove unallocated space? 

  • First of all run Windows command line and type diskpart in the command prompt.
  • Windows will ask you for Administrator permissions to run the tool.
  • Then run list disk command to find your USB flash disk’s number. It should be the same as disk’s number in Computer Management tool. It was I in my case.
  • Next you should chose the disk to work with. Type select disk <disk number> command, e.g.select disk I
  • The next step is to clean all volumes and partitions on the disk. Use clean command to do that. The last step is to create a primary partition.
  • You can do that using create partition primary command. That’s all. You should be able to format your flash disk now.

This is how I removed unallocated space on my machine:


DISKPART> list disk
  Disk ###  Status         Size     Free     Dyn  Gpt
  --------  -------------  -------  -------  ---  ---
  Disk C    Online          298 GB      0 B
 Disk D    Online          298 GB      0 B
 Disk E    Online          298 GB      0 B
 Disk I    Online         7509 MB  6619 MB

DISKPART> select disk I
Disk 1 is now the selected disk.
DISKPART> clean
DiskPart succeeded in cleaning the disk.
DISKPART> create partition primary
DiskPart succeeded in creating the specified partition.
DISKPART> exit